Thursday, November 6, 2008

New Friend, New Sweaters, First Pests

Poochie's made a new friend! Pictures from their first playdate will have to be posted later, but we recently went to Soldier's Delight, Serpentine Trail for a nice, fun hike. From there and from Bailey's home, Poochie got her first ticks.

Here's little Bailey, the 5 mo old Jack Russell Terrier~


The color of the leaves were pretty



Quite a nice park


Now, I'm looking for some essential oils to make pest repellent sprays. For some reason, I can't seem to remember any local stores, nor am I having any luck in finding one online to go to. I need either geranium or peppermint oils.


Poochie's first sweater started to look more and more like some rag thing Hercules wore in the Brat Pitt movie, Troy... Anyway, my mom made a second one with two colors of Lion Brand yarn. More stitch techniques started to come back so it started to look more and more like a store-bought sweater. Unfortunately, this one came out too short. It really was more like a vest. Since the whole point of a sweater/vest is to keep Poochie warm... my mom made another one. Perfect! It even has a collar. Only downside is that it.. slips back down to her tail... Need to tighten it up here and there. We had some fun with the 2nd sweater and as miserable as Poochie might've/must've been.. it made me laugh till I lost a kidney... It was painfully, pathetically adorable. Oh, and for once this mean hat idea wasn't mine; it was my mom's!

With her faux hat... and miserable.. perhaps




Without her faux hat and exhilarated.


0 comments: