Friday, September 12, 2008

Poochie's New Friend

I finally got to take Poochie to my friend, Cara's place. There was a guy delivering Chinese food while Poochie and I were walking up the stairs. Naturally, Poochie barked at him, but she quit after I was able to distract her and walk her to Cara's door. (It's when I take her out for her to go potty and something comes by to set her off that it's hardest to distract/control her. I guess that's mostly because we're still on my property?)
Soooo Poochie got to meet Cara. With a tiny bark and a growl, Poochie started exploring the apartment. Cara had a blast. Poochie is still wary of her, but by the end of the day started to loosen up around Cara. Like she did with David, anytime Cara moved or got up to do something, Poochie either growled or ran after Cara. There was no biting or any, ANY signs of attack. Still, she's doing really well with meeting new people. She had no problem with letting Cara pet her, etc. She did eat some of her dinner out of Cara's hand and Cara gave her a rawhide stick and Poochie didn't care for it until later in the day. Anytime Cara handed it to her, Poochie would take it into her hand then place it on the floor. Hurray~
I had left my digital camera in Cara's car so I can finally take videos of Poochie! Very exciting! Though, I think the lens might've been damaged from being in the heat. :/ I hope it's okay. I've had it for so many years, it can't fail on me now!
I have to do other things, so I'll be posting videos/photos soon of Poochie's visit to Cara's house.

0 comments: